Every church greeter should have a cheat sheet of quick tips. Turn this into a quick bookmark or printable.
- Pray for your service as greeter
- Pray for the people you’ll impact
- Pray for doing your work well.
- Expect needs and meet them.
- Help the bewildered.
- Watch for friction points and fix them.
- Notice first time visitors you don’t know.
- Look for people you don’t know.
- Take steps to talk with them and visit.
- Listen and suggest next step for their growth.
- Imagine you are being photographed
- Your own body language
- Personal Hygiene
- Eye contact
- Promptness in showing up on time
- Always greeting even if not on duty
- Attitude affects actions.
From: DVD #1, Church Greeter Training