Your church greeters need to think through how to welcome different types of guests.
Use this video as a discussion starter.
How can your greeters anticipate and respond to questions that nervous visitors might have?
First: Watch this video
- What role can church greeters play to help this first time church visitor feel safe?
- What ways can you detect that such a person is a first time visitor?
- What are some specific ways your church can help this person return for a second visit?
Do you need more greeter training ideas?
The most important first step to improving your church greeter ministry, assuming you have greeters, is to have a vision casting meeting. Don’t call it a training, but a vision refresher. Those who don’t think they need training won’t show up. You gather all your greeters together and in this meeting you:
- Celebrate the visitors who are coming back.
- Share stories of people’s lives being changed
- How welcome ministries make that possible.
- Share some practical tips and skills to help your greeters grow.
Learn more about training greeters from the ebook: Church Greeters 101
See also a Church Greeter Training DVD Set.