What does it take to be a great church greeter?
No church wants to give a bad experience to their first time visitor or returning guest.
When visitors have a bad experience with your church, often your error is something unintentional.
Church Greeters play an important role in your hospitality ministry, but some need some training.
Don’t believe me?
See these related posts from our parent site.
- Not so great: 20 Crazy Church Greeter Comments
If you are still not sure church greeters could use some training, check out the opening in this video
Your hospitality ministry and your greeters play an important role in helping visitors decide to return or not to return.
You can Provide access to this Greeter Training Online
Church greeters need training.
I recommend an occasional meeting where you provide
- Fresh vision for greeting ministry.
- Review of good skills for good greeters.
- What’s expected of your greeters.
In this NEW 45 minute recording from an online teleclass for church greeters, among other things you’ll learn:
- How not to appear on a list of crazy things greeters do to embarrass visitors.
- More conversational small talk for nervous greeters
- Ways to recognize visitors in a large or small church <—biggest question
- How to be a good church greeter
- The role of greeter in the church welcome
- 5 Ways to Grow as a Greeter
This fresh on-line class is specifically for
- Greeters who need a refresher
- First time Greeters who will be starting up soon
- Hospitality ministry leaders who want a fresh vision
- Potential Greeters and Ushers you are thinking about recruiting
- Sharpen your own skills to greet
- Receive a fresh vision for effective greeting
- Overcome the awkwardness you might feel as a new greeter.
- Learn some helpful things to say to make small talk with guests.
What will you receive?
- The link to the handout that accompanies the teaching
- Those who get the download only version can stream it or download.
- The DVD version will only ship to the US.
How to get this product
This is now part of a Multi Disk set. Visit the EvangelismCoach.org store and to see the pricing of the multi-training set.
The multi-training set is available both for digital download and for DVD.
Some Comments I’ve Received:
Thanks, it has been refreshing and encouraging
I truly enjoyed this training and I now know my shortfalls as a greeter.
Thank you, Very informative
Thanks Chris! Appreciate the thought you put into this! Gave me a couple of new ways to communicate the vision!
Thank you very much….helpful re. small talk and reminder of boundaries,etc.
Good info…thanks for the webinar
It was helpful. Obviously somewhat limited in scope but a good refresher. Plan to send the link to our entire team.
Very useful. Thanks
Thank you! Very informative! God Bless You!
I thought the session on Thursday night was very helpful for some of my welcoming committee folks – not that they haven’t heard all of that from me, but you know how parishioners hear things differently from “experts”.
Thanks for the training session. You did a great job talking about a subject that does have great importance in helping welcome people to a new church….It helped me evaluate the way I greet newcomers and gave me food for thought.
I enjoyed the webinar. I have read lots of your material and am developing a file of material on assimilation. A lot of the material in your webinar I had of course already read since it was addressing new greeters. Several of my assimilation team members viewed it and thought it was really good. I look forward to more advanced information in the future.
What Happens after payment
After payment, you’ll receive a an email sharing how to find the replay or a notice that I’ve accepted your DVD order.
If you do not receive your confirmation email with the details, please contact me directly.
Sometimes, users provide a wrong email address that’ll bounce, and I don’t get notified.