A church greeter is one of the simplest yet most important positions in the church.
Your goal is to
- share a kind word,
- open a door,
- offer a handshake or
- just lend a helping hand to people as they enter the church.
Here are 10 Guidelines to keep in mind.
- Show up on time
- Always be positive.
- Prepare yourself spiritually.
- Be friendly to all who enter.
- Pray in advance for your ministry
- Show honor and dignity to our visitors and guests
- Pay attention to what needs your visitors and guests might have.
- Follow up after the worship service and say good bye with style.
- Prepare yourself physically: Good grooming, appropriate clothing, fresh breath.
- Notice for ministry opportunities to pray with your guests before they leave.
Remember, your goal is simple and direct: Make people feel welcome at your church!