Church Greeters 101 is now in it’s 3rd electronic only edition, released this evening.
Updated with some new lessons learned, plus a section on the following question:
Why bother with Church Greeters?
Some churches I’ve consulted with can’t seem to recruit enough volunteers, people drop out after one or two weeks, some don’t ever want to do it again, and some church haven’t even started a greeting ministry. I hear stuff like
- I can’t find anyone to serve.
- There are not enough volunteers.
- I don’t know how to talk to a visitor.
- Getting volunteers to take the plunge.
- We don’t do it because it’s everyone’s job.
- People say yes, but don’t show up for duty.
- I’m afraid that we will mess up God’s work in someone’s life.
With all the challenges to recruiting and training greeters, we come to the question of why bother?
Why put up with the organizational efforts and human resources it takes to manage such a challenge?
An additional 12 pages have been added to address issues of
- Are greeters necessary at all?
- How to train greeters who think they don’t need training
Leave a Reply